Nov 28, 2012

Elf Glossy Gloss

Elf is definitely a hit or miss brand with me. I have tried a wide range of their products now, and I would have to say that these Glossy Glosses are my favorite product that Elf has to offer! These smooth, vibrant glosses are a huge steal at only $3 a piece! 



Swatches from left to right: Funky Fuschia, Wild watermelon, and Merry Cherry

Pigmentation: Excellent, these shades give opaque color in just one swipe! 
Finish/Texture:The gloss does have a bit of a sticky feel to it, but they glide on smoothly and evenly even if you're lips aren't in the best condition. They also feel very moisturizing! 
Scent: There is a slight sweet scent of vanilla/sugar in each gloss. Not too strong or overpowering at all, and it doesn't linger throughout the day.
Lasting Power: Since these are a bit sticky, they have strong last power. I don't even need to reapply this gloss during my day, unless I eat or drink. 
Packaging: The applicator is a standard brush, you can see a photo of it here. The square shape of the acrylic plastic is quite nice for a drugstore lip gloss. 
Price/Availability: $3 at elfcosmetics.com I have never seen these at Target, unfortunately.

Likes:
  • Bright, pigmented,opaque colors
  • Glide on smoothly
  • Moisturize my lips
  • Super Affordable, $3
  • Last all day
Dislikes:
  • I've only seen them available on elf's website
  • The brush isn't a doefoot applicator (it's a standard brush applicator)
Overall:
I recently ordered more shades during the Cyber Monday sale, and I can't wait to get them! These Glossy Gloss shades are all bright, rich, and opaque. They look fantastic alone and layered over lipstick. My favorite thing about them is that they last all day, and are unbelievably creamy for only $3. The elf website states that these Glossy Glosses are Vitamin E infused, and I really do feel the moisture. Ever since I bought these (cue the music) I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough!

6 comments:

  1. I looooooveee this glosses!
    They are forever in ever purse I wear regardless!
    Definitely worth the value..

    http://yamsfashionandbeautyloveaffair.blogspot.co.uk/
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I super like all the colors. I wanna try out the funky fuschia. I think this is okay with my pink lippie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Funky Fuchsia is one of my favorites. They are all really great colors though. There are 10 total to choose from :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried many elf products, only one of their blushes. But it's very pigmented! These glosses look like great value for money with lots of positive points :) The colours are all really pretty and wearable too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. They are definitely well worth the money! I always get a kick out of affordable products that work really well :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥