Mar 19, 2013

Flower Beauty Kiss Stick Velvet Lip Color

Whenever a new makeup line debuts, I always have to try the lipsticks! I chose the brightest shade I could find within the range, Flamingo Flower. Flower Beauty is a new cosmetic line by Drew Barrymore (exclusively available at Wal Mart) that claims to use the same ingredients as high quality makeup.  

There are two different lipstick finishes Flower Beauty offers: Velvet and High Shine. Flamingo Flower is a velvet finish, which is a cream finish that feels like a matte. 

The velvet lipsticks come in white packaging, with a color swatch on the bottom.

Flamingo Flower Velvet Lip Color 


Flamingo Flower is a matte, cool toned bright fuchsia. I love the way it looks, but it feels so dry! Eyeshadow and foundation are also from Flower (You can read my foundation review here).


Claims: "Emollient oils improve shine for a rich, creamy application. Pure, intense color payoff. Not tested on animals."
Pigmentation: The pigmentation is strong and vibrant. 
Finish/Texture: The finish is creamy and matte. The formula is very drying, even when using a lip balm. I had to use more pressure than I usually do to get the color onto the lips.
Lasting Power: The lasting power is good, I got about 5 hours of wear. The problem is that is just feels too uncomfortable to wear for a full day.
Scent: This has a faint baby powder smell that fades off quickly.
Packaging: I don't enjoy the look of the white bulky tube, however I do like the color indicator on the bottom, and the secureness of the cap.
Price/Availability: I paid $7 at Wal Mart

Likes:
  • Pigmentation is great
  • Variety of shades to choose from
  • Good lasting power
  • Color indicator on packaging/secure lid
Dislikes:
  • Bulky design
  • Feels dry/uncomfortable on the lips
  • Application isn't smooth
  • Quality doesn't feel high end
Overall:
I really adored the vibrant color of Flamingo Flower, but the "velvet" formula felt very uncomfortable on my lips. Even when I used a lip balm underneath, the formula made my lips feel dehydrated. I also noticed that the lipstick was difficult to apply compared to other drugstore lipsticks. I had to use more pressure than I normally use to apply it, which is such a bother. It didn't live up to feeling emollient or creamy. Nothing about this lipstick really felt high-end in quality to me. 

I won't be repurchasing any of the Flower velvet lipsticks, but I did recently buy a high shine one to test and review. I will also be reviewing the eyeshadow quad, which I'm already loving! 
Have you tried Flower Beauty products?

3 comments:

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥