Jul 24, 2013

Maybelline Summer 2013 Color Sensational High Shine Lipgloss

Maybelline released countless products this summer! It's almost too hard to keep up with everything, not just budget-wise, but color wise. Many of the colors that have been released are sadly limited edition. I really don't like it when drugstores do this, because then I always feel rushed into buying a product. Limited editions from Maybelline seem to disappear rather quickly, so I gave in! I bought three of the six, limited edition glosses. 


Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Lip Glosses from left to right: Mirrored Plum, Coral Heat, and Fuchsia Sparks.


From top to bottom: Fuchsia Sparks, Coral Heat, and Mirrored Plum. Fuchsia Sparks is a light baby pink. Coral Heat is a warm, medium coral shade. Mirrored Plum is a cool, medium purple. These swatches are all one swipe. 

If you would like to see what these glosses swatched on my lips, please watch my YouTube video, here.


Claims: "More vibrant color from our pure liquid pigments cleaner shine from our 100% wax-free gloss."
Finish/Texture: The finish of these glosses is very shiny. The texture is very smooth and creamy. It definitely glides on, and gives decent moisture.
Lasting Power:  I would say these last about four hours depending on how much I eat/drink.
Scent: These have a very faint fruity/bubblegum scent that I dislike, but it fades quickly. I also want to mention that these have a very bitter taste! I really have to be careful not to lick my lips when I wear these.
Packaging: These glosses have a typical doe foot applicator with built in wiper.. The tubes are made of clear, rectangular plastic. I'm such a fan of the square shape! 
Price/Availability: I paid $7.50 each at Rite Aid

Likes:

  • Smooth formula
  • Pretty colors/variety to chose from
  • Creamy finish/ high shine
  • Sleek/functional packaging
  • Inexpensive for such great quality
Dislikes:

  • Fruity/bubblegum scent (it does fade) 
  • Bitter taste
Overall:
This formula is still one of my favorites at the drugstore. The overall quality of these glosses definitely reminds me of something high end. The formula is glides on easily and feels silky smooth. They do give some hydration, and the lasting power is decent. The creamy finish and the high shine is what I really love most about these.The scent and taste is a bit off-putting, but it isn't too strong. I don't remember my original shades having that problem, so I think that maybe overtime the scent fades out of the tube completely. Either way, I'm happy that I caught these colors in time before they're gone! 

Have you tried any of the Color Sensational High Shine Lipglosses? 


                          | Bloglovin' | Facebook | Instagram | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube | 

4 comments:

  1. Mirrored plum is gorgeous! I really hope these come out in the UK. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, that purple shade is sooo interesting! I can see that being layered over a hot pink being sooo lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥