Oct 29, 2013

Revlon Colorstay Shadow Links Eyeshadows

When I first saw these shadows, I couldn't believe they were only $2.50 at Bed Bath and Beyond. There were so many different colors and finishes to choose from, that I almost didn't know which ones to get! I was intrigued at the concept of creating my own palette. Yes, these little single shadows interlock, hence the name 'Shadow Links'. 

Of course, I always have to try the newest products, and this concept definitely had me sold. I gave in, unfortunately, these are some of the worst drugstore shadows I have ever used.


If you look closely, the side of each square has an extra piece of plastic. That's the piece that interlocks! The other side of each square has a slot, where the plastic piece locks into. 

Here's what the shadows look like all locked together. I really like this idea, it would have been great if the shadows were good quality. I'll explain more about that in depth now.

Swatches from left to right: Bone, Java, Cocoa, Oyster, and Taupe. 
Bone is a matte ivory. Java is a warm brown with silver glitter. Cocoa is a matte deep brown.Oyster is the most  pigmented, it's a shimmery white. Taupe is a cool dusty brown with silver shimmer. These swatches are three swipes each, no primer. 

Claims: I couldn't find any specific claims on these shadows. When I do I'll update this.
Pigmentation: The pigmentation is poor. I felt like I had to keep layering and layering to get them to even show up on me! 
Finish/Texture: Each shadow has a different finish. The texture on all of these shadows are, dry and powdery. When I tried to blend them out, they just disappeared. I hate the way that these feel, and apply!
Lasting Power: These didn't even last more than an hour on my lids! I have dry skin by the way, there's just not substance to this formula whatsoever. I would highly suggest using primer with these shadows. 
Packaging: The packaging is very interesting. You can mix and match shades, and interlock them to create your own personalized palette. The plastic is sturdy and secure.
Price/Availability: I paid $2.50 each at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.


Likes:

  • Customizable 
  • Inexpensive
  • Variety of colors and finishes to choose from
Dislikes:
  • Poor pigmentation
  • Chalky, dry texture
  • Terrible Fallout
  • No lasting power
Overall: 
I was so disappointed in the terrible quality of these shadows. The idea of having a customized palette is nice, but the product inside is just awful. Yes, they're a good price, and the colors look pretty..but the shadow itself just isn't worth my time.

The texture is so dry and chalky, that when I try to apply the shadow it just crumbles everywhere. The pigmentation is a joke, I had to layer and layer to even get some color payoff. As soon as I put these on my lids, the color faded like an hour later. A primer is a must for these shadows! I'm just the type of person who doesn't like to keep products I don't enjoy using, so these were a complete waste of time for me. I returned them the next day.

I have never really been impressed with Revlon eyeshadows before, but these were honestly the worst ones I've tried yet! 

I also have a full video review on my YouTube channel, with live swatches!

   
 | Bloglovin' | Facebook | Instagram | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube |  


22 comments:

  1. this is the first review I've read about these! Thanks for sharing, I think I'll avoid them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, I've had terrible experiences with Revlon eyeshadows, always. I am definitely never picking these up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the third review i've read about how awful these eyeshadows are. That's always such a shame, even when you get these items for a bargain price, it's frustrating when it doesn't even live up to the money you spent on it.
    The concept is a cool one though.

    à la foliee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so mad when I swatched these that I almost didn't want to review them.. haha!

      Delete
  4. When will Revlon finally make decent eyeshadows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they take notes on what all of us bloggers are saying! Haha :)

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, I don't even think I own an eye shadow from Revlon anymore because of disappointment in the past. They're my favorite drugstore brand for a lot of things (lip color, foundation), which is kind of funny because I think they are my least in terms of eye color.

    Jordan | Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I love most of their other products, but for some reason their shadows are just never that great. I wish they would fix that!

      Delete
  7. That's a shame how these shadows have terrible quality! The packing would definitely make this product a success if the quality was good. I never knew that Bed Bath and Beyond offered makeup! Thanks for the review! I'll be sure to stay away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only certain locations do, my local one doesn't, so I always have to drive far! But I find that they have the cheapest prices, and they always have the latest products too! Yes, these were a cool idea, but that's about it for me. Nothing else was good about them! xo

      Delete
  8. Great review Holly! I love that your reviews are always honest. I have never liked any Revlon eye products. (Maybelline steals the show in that category for me) but they sure know how to do foundation and lip products right! Thank you for saving me money on these shadows

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, I'm so sorry to hear that most of them aren't of good quality! I've known their older quads to be of quite good quality but these just seem so poorly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree. I picked up 3 shades and they are the WORST. No color pigmentation. Such a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Argh these really do look disappointing. Why are Revlon shadows so rubbish?! :((( xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  12. The swatches look awful - what a shame because the colours look so promising! I had a Revlon shadow that had similar terrible texture - it was one of the baked ones. I remember I wrote this lengthy rant about it and ended up chucking it - it was useless. The only Revlon eyeshadow I really do like is the Naturally Glamorous quint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds terrible! I've never even seen Revlon baked shadows before. Most of the ones I have tried with them, I ended up not using.

      Delete
  13. Revlon never really nailed it in the eyeshadow department, although all their other products are great. Such a good concept, too bad it just wasn't executed quite as well.

    sylvialoveslipstick

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eye shadow is a makeup product utilized by women mostly and available in a range from natural colors to different colors. Eye shadow is the most popular Cosmetic item among women’s. And the Eye Shadows you have shared they are just amazing especially the colors are so enchanting. You can also pack these Eye Shadows in unique and attractive Eye Shadow Boxes to give them an appealing look.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nicely well-written article.Keep sharing like this article.
    For sofa renovation visit thesofastore,the provieds best
    Best Sofa Repair Services in Madhavan Park,Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for this informative post.we provide customized packaging for all kinds of personal and professional requirements

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for this informative post .We provide customized packaging for all kinds of personal and professional requirements.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate and read each one. I will try to respond to any questions asap. Thank you! ♥

Please refrain from leaving spam- giveaway promos, follow for follow, hey check out my blog, etc, it will be deleted.

But feel free to leave your blog link so that others may see it ♥